These are Carol BonteKoe's Peace Corps Adventures

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Another First

It is weird when another first in your life has come and gone. Last week a first I was terrified happened, I survived my first earthquake. It wasn't long, I think I was mostly freaked out because the "heater" and the lights went crazy. I kept yelling at my students, "What is this? Is this an Earthquake? OMG What do we do?" In English. When it stopped I got my act together enough to evacuate my students out of the building like I was suppose to and my students had fun acting out my terror for all the other students. Glad to ahve gotten that first out of the way but I don't want to do it again!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's intense. That's pretty mean that they mocked you for being scared, but they're probably just used to it. I would have been screaming probably. Willie the can man came over sat night and played beer pong....and he rapped to juicy and danced. That man is absolutely hilarious! Oh and by the way, I probably see Tiff and TA Sam about once every 3-4 weeks....so don't worry, we're not stealing them by any means! haha.
Take care and we all miss you tons!

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home