These are Carol BonteKoe's Peace Corps Adventures

Friday, November 24, 2006

My Purpose Statement

The other day I was having a bit of a crisis. I had my face pressed against the cold glass of the bus and was staring out at the fresh coat of snow. I was thinking, "Why am I here? Why do they need to learn English?" I was praying for God to show me a sign and he sent it. Out the window I saw an ordinary boy walking by and he had on a Red Sweatshirt. It all was so ordinary so not the sign I was asking for till I read his shirt...
In very large block letters his shirt read, "BOB'S WIFE"
ahhh... That is why am here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

classic...I love it!
I miss you and wish you were around for Thanksgiving!
~Slutz

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Proud to know you, kid. And proud you're my kid's friend.

Erica's Mom

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha...that rocks my world! Ever see the biker shirts that say "the bitch fell off" on the back? If you see a young girl walking around in a shirt like that, the same purpose statement should start circulating in your head!

Mary Ann

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOB. BOBBBBB!!! o goodness, i must have overlooked this one...i can't stop laughing...

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home